RC Graphics& Consulting
It's 1984, and Rick is watching Superbowl XVIII. A one-minute commercial flashes onscreen for a new kind of computer: The Apple Macintosh.… It's 1985, and Rick has purchased the first Mac and already become a Mac Head, and both Rick and Christine think that this 128k Mac, with no hard disk and that works off a single-sided 3.5" floppy disk is just the coolest thing.… It's 1986, and Christine and Rick are both in college together, living in UCSB campus housing and looking for creative ways to support themselves as they continue their education. …
It's still 1987, and Christine, working as an assistant at a local commercial real estate agency, sees a desperate need for graphic design that's beyond the little machines that ink a letter onto a piece of clear tape which is then taped to a piece of white paper and photocopied. With a private loan of $3,500 (the cost of a black & white laser printer that prints a whopping 5 pages a minute), RC Graphics begins providing flyers and marketing materials to agents at Merrill Lynch Realty for $15 each—plot maps, floor plans and other CAD drawings a little extra.
Over the years the company's services and skills set has multiplied, and today a great portion of our business is geared toward serving either small businesses or supporting the needs of large corporations in the environmental consulting fields.
We are very, very proud that our first clients are still our clients today.
Christine Casey Logsdon
Christine has worked as an independent consultant since 1986, and has accumulated an eclectic body of knowledge and job skills. She has perfromed technical and non-technical writing and editing for a variety of clients including environmental conulstants, commercial real estate companies, and film and television production companies. Since 1989, she has owned and managed RC Graphics & Consulting with her computer guru husband, Rick. She graduated from the University of California, Santa Barbara with a degree in English Literature.
Christine's strengths include:
- objective and logical, results-oriented problem solving
- organization and coordination management
- over 25 years of experience on mainframe, Macintosh, and pc computers
- over 20 years of experience serving the organizational needs of project managers and business owners
- scientific technical, and literary editing
Richard Shinichi Logsdon
Rick started college as a pre-med student until he learned that he couldn't stomach the inside of a human body. He joined the Air Force in 1972 and served for six years in cryptography during the Vietnam Era, serving with distinction and earning Top Secret clearance. He returned to California after his tour, and continued work in computers and telecommunications in the private sector. In 1987 he let Christine convince him to quit his job and return to college, where he studied Electrical Engineering. Art, photography, graphic art and computers have always enthralled him, and he has applied his love for each toward increasing RCGC's skills and services. His favorite hobby: keeping his mornings free for 80 mile bike rides with fellow members of the Echelon Cycling Club.
Rick was born in Japan and moved to San Francisco at age 7. He has lived in twelve states and three countries.
Rick's strengths include:
- his love and understanding of computers and technology
- 35 years of artistic expression
- over 25 years of experience on mainframes, PCs and Macintoshes
- speed, skill and excellence in Illustrator, Photoshop, and other 2-D imaging software
- a great desire always to learn more about software
- a love of reading technical manuals
- great climbing strength for those long bike rides
- the desire to make people happy
- a genuine hatred of having too much attention called to himself
Jennifer Michelle Holland
Jennifer has worked as an independent computer and business consultant since 1990. Born in Washington, D.C. and raised in Palo Alto, Jenniferís personal mission is to create order from chaos. She attended The Athenian School, then graduated from Wesleyan University in Connecticut with a degree in Math/Computer Science. She has applied her technical expertise in government (National Weather Service), education (UCSB and Bishop Diego HS), and business (real estate, environmental consulting).
Jennifer's strengths include:
- her ability to understand and interpret the client's styles, problems and
- over 25 years of experience on many computer platforms
- solutions in Excel and Filemaker Pro
- scientific technical editing